= Candyland Couture -> FAQS
() ()

candyland chat

no ads, play nice. join our discord!

candyland

couture

welcome to candyland couture, the sweetest resource site around! we are a coding, graphics and writing community which features unique events, challenges and an all round sense on community. with special challenges and an adventure at every turn, enjoy battling your way through candyland and why not jump in and take a bite!

thank yous are needed for the following people: becky for the skin and templates, adra for our lovely member group pips, chowder for those awesome cbox/site emojis and font awesome for all font icons. the site concept is credited to alice and our past and present staff members, who have all worked tirelessly to make candyland couture what it is today. without them, especially alice, there would be no candyland couture and we are grateful for their dedication to the site. stealing or bullying of any kind is not tolerated on cc, it will be dealt with accordingly.

advertising

aislinn erin

coding

sylvia

community

kathy

writing

sammie amber

alice

staff

mouse

artist: cassie
coder: val
writer: jess
icons: cassie
signature: xandra
blend: sarah
banner: mocha
colourisation: audra
template: umbreon
skin: ----
story: jessica
poem: jess

closed new topic new poll

FAQS, need to knows!
Online ADMINISTRATOR
5407 posts message Alice
Dec 1 2012, 05:30 PM         Quote        
The FAQS
frequently asked questions

Whether you're a new member or a veteran Candylander, sometimes you just can't help but have a question. Most of the time, you're not alone in this which brings out a list of the questions that are often asked of us. When you have a question or concern, be sure to check this list to see if it's already been answered before as this list will be frequently updated.

okay, what's with all the candy?
Our name, "Candyland Couture", stems from the children's game by the name "Candyland". It's all sweets and candy and cakes and so is our site theme! You'll see that all of our skins, graphics, and even site events will be sugarcoated with sweets to pay homage to the classic board game.

i never played the game candyland. can i still join?
Of course you can! Absolutely no prior knowledge about the board game is required to be successful on Candyland Couture. We do have a unique site event that is based off of the board game but we have provided you with all the information and tools you'll need to participate in that, should you choose to. We're just like any other resource forum, just with a unique theme.

can i change my username?
Yes, you can! You're allowed to change your username once a month. You do this by simply visiting THIS thread and following the guidelines listed in it. Once you've done that, a staff member will be by to gt you sorted out. Yes, you can submit for a name change via your control panel but that will get denied, with a PM sent until you follow the rules to post within the name changes thread.

how many requests am i allowed to have up at once?
On Candyland, we allow TWO requests in each category to be up at a time. What does this mean? Quite simply, you can have TWO staff searches, TWO graphics requests, TWO character requests, and so on. You can only bump them ONCE EVERY THREE DAYS; any more than that and you risk your request being archived.

can i submit tutorials and resources if i'm not staff?
You sure can! Any and every body can submit content on Candyland. All you have to do is post your tutorial or resource in the "Submit A ---" board that fits your content category and a staff member will be by to review it to make sure everything is working and correct. If it checks out okay, they'll accept it and move it to the correct section. If it isn't, you will be contacted about what exactly is wrong and given a chance to fix it.

can i submit challenge ideas?
Yes! If you have an idea for a challenge, head on over to the Challenges section and visit the "Submit a Challenge" board. There, you will find everything you need to know about how to get your challenge ideas seen by the staff members. Once they're posted, the staff will look them over to see if they're not too similar to ones we've done in the past. If they pass, one by one each idea will be posted in the challenge board.

how can i move up in rank?
Promotions are on-going and you may apply whenever you feel you are ready. Simply sign up in the Promotions board and give us approximately a week to decide if your rank will change and comprise your final critique. You must meet the requirements that are needed in order to even be considered for a promotion, such as a gallery in the promotion type that you request that has been updated recently, a certain number of submissions, etc. The only way you get ranks is if you deserve and earn them. We will not bump someone up just because they applied. The way we see it is that you are not considered intermediate unless your work reflects that. Read the Promotions Info Thread for more information. Please keep in mind that you can only apply every 30 days from your last promotion date, however, if you feel you have improved before that amount of time is up, you may purchase an early promotion consideration in the Candyland Shop for 60 Candies.

how often do promotions and otms happen?
OTMS & Promotions happen every month. The Promotions are on-going so you may sign up at any time, and each month we have fresh awards made for the current month. OTMS are a two-part system here on Candyland Couture. The Head Staff submits nominations for each category and then all members will receive a Mass PM with the nominations so that they may submit which ones they will vote for. The voting process typically lasts anywhere from 5-7 days. After that, awards are made and the header information is updated, as well as a newsletter being posted with the awards.

--------------------
the wrong alice ?!
You're absolutely Alice,             I'd know you anywhere.
HEY CANDYLANDERS ♥ I'M ALICE, THE ORIGINAL FOUNDER OF THIS AMAZING SITE AND CURRENTLY AN ADMINISTRATOR. ALEXANDER MADE MY SET - IT'S LOVELY! FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS OVER PM.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options closed new topic new poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Wizarding Realm Way Out Here Adoxography 2.0 Guardians Arising Glory and Gore Praesidium The Hunger Games Moon Called ruin & rise Fandom Topia Pokemon: Forever Forgotten  Fugue State! Bombarda Maxima: Trischool Personified Potterverse Equi-venture milkshake! All Our Masks ideal world The Underground your hogwarts experience Where Dreams Go to Die Storybrooke Maine Incredible! Hero Quirks wicʞed The Kingdom: An Original Steampunk Fantasy RP STORYBROOKE GODS AMONG MEN R.A.N.T. All of Me ♥ Our End Star Wars: Imperium Crossroad Blues Lunar Effect FALLOUT 2077 X-men Generation Visionary Tales FADED ECHOES THE POWER OF TWO Brook Haven Ranch Maleficium Dershingham Vale Frisson Dark Victorian Dead By Daylight Fallen Kismet Our Solemn Hour Once Upon a Nightmare With Great Powers The Grim Veil Battle Of The Rising Snow Like Ashes Killer Takes All  Our Storybrooke Demon Realm Faces in the Night MOON PRIDE Half Blood Hill Potterwatch Restored Embrace the Chains 

staff owned sites
resource sites
NickPicHost Shadowplay Rockin Roleplay